Recent years have seen an increase in popularity for Kratom, with its claims for pain relief, improved mood, and energy boosting. Kratom is purchased locally at some smoke shops, gas stations, and health food stores. It’s also readily available online through various vendors.
Pros of buying kratom locally
- Immediate gratification – When you buy from a local store, you walk out with your kratom that same day. This is appealing to those who want to try it right away or need it for pain relief or other purposes. You don’t have to wait the days it takes for shipping.
- Face-to-face customer service – With a local kratom purchase, you talk directly to store employees for recommendations and questions. They may be able to guide you to the best strains and products for your needs. You also have someone to provide instructions for use and dosing. There’s no calling customer service or waiting for emailed replies online.
- Supports local business – For those who like the idea of supporting local businesses in their community, buying kratom capsule locally is a way to do that. Smoke shops and health food stores rely on community members to shop at their brick-and-mortar locations. You’re helping the local economy when purchasing locally.
Cons of buying kratom locally
- Limited selection – A smoke shop may only carry a couple of kratom strains at any given time. Maybe just some Maeng Da and Bali. When you buy online, you access dozens of different strains from quality growers around the world.
- Lack of customer reviews – When shopping online, you read through customer reviews about particular kratom products and vendors. This helps guide you on what to purchase. Local stores don’t have this aggregated data from customers readily available for you to make informed decisions.
Pros of buying kratom online
- Greater selection – Buying kratom online opens you up to a vast variety of strains from quality growers around the world. You try exotic strains like Green Hulu Kapuas or Red Bentuangie that local stores don’t carry. There are so many unique strains to explore.
- Lower prices – Online kratom vendors offer big discounts on bulk orders and run regular sales more easily than local stores. Subscribing for auto-delivery monthly lowers your per-unit costs by 20-30% compared to buying at local stores since there’s more competition and fewer overhead expenses.
- Rewards programs – Many online sellers operate loyalty rewards programs. You earn points for purchases that translate into discounts, free products, and other perks. This saves you money in the long run over local purchasing. Some vendors also send free samples for you to try new products.
- Reviews help guide buying – Researching customer feedback online helps ensure you get high-quality kratom from a reputable seller. Local stores don’t have extensive feedback available. Online reviews give you transparency into a vendor’s business practices, product potency, shipping times, and more.
Cons of buying kratom online
- Delayed gratification – The main drawback of ordering kratom online is having to wait days or sometimes weeks for it to ship and arrive. Local stores provide instant access on the same day. When you’re in pain or excited to try kratom for the first time, waiting around for the mail is frustrating.
- Learning curve with new sellers – It takes some research to find reputable online kratom vendors you trust. Looking at forums for vendor reviews helps, but there’s a learning curve if you’re used to just walking into local stores. It takes some dialing in to find quality products.
The choice between buying kratom locally or online comes down to personal preferences around selection, pricing, convenience, and customer service. By knowing the pros and cons of each option, you decide what makes the most sense for your needs. Both routes provide access to this beneficial botanical. Do your research to determine if locally sourced kratom or ordering directly from online growers is the best way to go.