Are you a busy mother? Workaholic? Most women often miss the skincare routine. Occasional skin treatment does not suffice for healthy skin. Not just skin, your skin condition does affect the overall health. A good religiously followed skincare routine imparts more benefits to your health than you ever think. Having said that skincare products do not have to be expensive. Choosing the right skincare products for your skin type and the ingredients used in those products matters the most. Let’s learn how to have a skincare routine that is practical and effective.

Four important steps in a typical skincare routine:

  1. Cleansing the skin: Skin is often exposed to harsh chemicals that are used in makeup, grimes, pollution from the environment. Regular exposure to these might cost skin damage or premature ageing. It is important to remove them all with a good cleanser.
  • How to choose: Cleansers come in various forms. It ought to be used according to your skin type. If you have oily skin, cleansers in the form of gel or lotion work well. If you have sensitive or dry skin, heavy cream or oil-based cleansers work for you. So it’s essential not to miss to go through the ingredients behind the products before buying them.
  • How to use: Many complain their cleansers do not work as expected. The way of using the cleanser can be the issue there. You must activate the ingredients in the cleanser by emulsifying it on your skin. Massaging the cleanser for about 2 minutes is essential to acquire the results. Washing off the cleanser without leaving any residue is also important as it may cause breakouts.
  1. Toning the skin: Toning is like an appetizer for your skincare remedy. It does prep your skin and hydrate your skin and also balances the pH level of your skin. Toners come with different ingredients and serve various purposes.
  • Toners with exfoliating acids like salicylic acid or BHA- Beta Hydroxy Acid gently exfoliate your skin. Toners with the element AHA- Alpha Hydroxy Acid brightens the skin and treats hyperpigmentation.
  • You may still find it difficult to choose the right toner for your skin problem, so it is advised for skin care advice from trained specialists, contact The Skin Care Clinic.
  1. Moisturizer: Moisturizing your skin is also an important step that is done right after toning your skin. Moisturizers help to retain the moisture and help in reversing the age to a great extent.
  • An interesting fact is that natural factors like genes determine only 25% of ageing. The remaining 75% completely rests in your hands and how well you take care of your skin. Moisturizing is the one process to slow down the ageing process and reduces the fineness of your wrinkle if already developed.
  • Beauty professionals advise us to use moisturizers with hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid works like a magnet that attracts the water molecules from the environment and instantly gives the natural plump to your skin.
  1. Applying sunscreens: Ozone depletion has increased the risk of skin damage due to the harmful UV sun rays. Sunscreens block the harmful sun rays from causing damage to the skin. Sunscreens protect your skin, lower the risk of getting skin cancer, prevent premature ageing, and help to maintain even skin tone.
  • You must apply sunscreen irrespective of the season; the sun can cause damage even on a cold rainy day. It is a best practice to apply sunscreen 30 minutes before you step out of your home.
  • Sunscreens with any of these ingredients serve the purpose well: Zinc oxide, ecamsule, avobenzone, oxybenzone, titanium oxide, sulisobenzone. Make sure that you find a sunscreen that contains any of these ingredients.

Conclusion

A good skin gives you that confidence and also aids the overall health. A good amount of water intake and a religiously followed skincare routine with the right and quality products can offer flawless and healthy skin.

Author